Looking for things to do this long Labor Day weekend? There are a number of events happening in Orange County to help you enjoy the last moments of summer. But when it comes to narrowing one down, it can be difficult to choose. Here are our suggestions of fantastic events happening in South Orange County.
Here’s some information to give you some inspiration:
- Orange International Street Fair: The Orange International Street Fair is a social occasion where food and leisure activities from varying cultures are offered by non-profit organizations once a year. This may not be strictly South OC, but it is definitely worth the trip to go a few towns away! It’s a custom that brings together various cultures and causes. Experience creative world foods, crafts, folk dancing, and music. Enjoy many different ethnic foods and costumes, and even try beer from the region!
- The Great Labor Day Cruise. The Great Labor Day Cruise attracts well over 1000 hot rods, classic cars, and vintage autos of all kinds. The fun filled day is not only a motor show, but it is also filled with fun activities for the kids. Main features include a fun zone just for the youngsters, a model car contest, wild wagon displays, a silent auction, automobile vendors and personal items dealers.
- The Santa Ana Zoo: If you are looking for a shady, peaceful, mellow spot to take your family for a day that is low priced and fun, Santa Ana Zoo is the place! Most animals are tranquil and can be seen close up, and there is also an animal barn section. There will be various fun and games for the entire family.
- Amusement Parks: Orange County is home to the most famous amusement parks in the world. Some are themed lands while others are wild roller coaster parks. Amusement parks are some of best things to do in South Orange County; there are endless activities for both adults and children.
- 5. Huntington Beach Civil War Days: Hundreds of Civil War re-enactors in Huntington Beach Central are hosted at this event each year. The Civil War took place over 150 years ago, but its history still produces emotional effects to this day. Re-enactments feature hundreds of living historians and soldiers from all over the country. There are several shops, a confederate band, cannon blasts, field hospitals, just everything about the civil war. This is an educational and very entertaining event. It’s a great free adventure for the entire family.
- Whale Watching: Watching magnificent whales swimming and playing on the ocean’s surface, hopping out of the water, and slapping their gigantic tails is one of the most awe-inspiring sights in nature. Sail out into the ocean for an afternoon of whale watching. You can enjoy the ocean breeze and sunshine while on the lookout for one of the world’s most fascinating creatures.
- Eating Out in South Orange County: Looking for a perfect food spot when you visit Orange County? From the best tacos, the freshest sushi to most delicious pizzas. There are many different restaurants to choose from. The list can go on into the hundreds!
Come Find Out!
There is a wealth of things to do and lots of fun to be had this Labor Day in South Orange County. If you want to find out yourself, come this year, or better yet, move here!